Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Clinging to the future, while appreciating the present

 
This statement is exactly how I feel right now: 
Remember how far you've come not just how far you have to go. 
You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.
 
Today I am literally clinging to my future, but appreciating my present.  I have come so far from where I was.  I left a long term relationship where I was not appreciated, heard, respected.  I can not go into details of that relationship, but there were aspect that were not OK and have damaged me very deeply.  However hurt, I am still able to co-parent with this person and focus on my priorities, our children, and make sure they are secure, happy and still able to one day become contributing members of society.
 
I moved out to my own place, have been supporting my children, going to school, working anywhere from 12-20 hours a week.  I have had support from so many wonderful people but my success is my triumph.  I am so grateful to be able to see how much I have done, how far I have come.  I've been able to look at past mistakes and try to not replicate them.  It isn't easy.  Ever, but its possible.
 
And yet, I still have so far to go.  I am confident I will get there, but I am also anxious to be there already.  I am excited for my future adventures and where they might take me.  But it still feels so far away!  I have to say I feel closer to the end point that I did last year, or two years ago.  I am not there yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment