Thursday, June 9, 2011

Body Combat

I went to BODY COMBAT today.  I am not sure I want to be at combat with my body... however... I am finally on the upswing of a several day-- actually a week and half long-- headache.  I have had varying degrees of pain over the past week or so.  This morning I felt the pain was around a 2- and after I got up and got moving I felt I could totally handle it today.  So I went with my neighbor to a local class(first class was free).

We were punching our (imaginary) opponent across the ring.  I was trying to visualize what I was beating the crap out of.  The face of my friends soon to be cheating x-husband popped in my head.  That felt good.  Then my sweet husband's face who has become sick of my headache this time around also floated through my mind- except he still takes care of me even when he is tired of it so I sent his face on its way with very little assault.  So-- I imagined my pain. 

My pain didn't have a shape or a form-- but I was hitting it and punching it-- upper cuts and side swipes.  It felt good.  It felt good to move and sweat.  It felt good to beat this thing.

After the work-out I felt good.  I am cautious-- I am a bit shaky and my stomach still a bit tangled from the headache.  But otherwise I am feeling good.  The visualization was definitely a positive thing for me.  I look forward to running in the morning.  Maybe I can visualize my pain behind me and I can simply out-run it?

No comments:

Post a Comment