Thursday, September 23, 2010

one step forward... two steps back....

I noticed three days in a row:  no headache!

My medication takes two months to really start working- by month six, whatever changes have taken place are probably it.  So I am almost to the two month mark and have noticed a change. 

The medication for pain works on the migraines.  I don't always have migraines, so it isn't always effective.  I know I should call the doc and try something else.  But I just have a block on calling doctors.  For me anyway, not my children(I finally have surgery scheduled for the baby end of October after weeks of what felt like incessant phone calls).

The meds for sleep don't really work.  I don't get sleepy feeling, just drugged feeling.  Not so good for the next day when I still didn't get enough sleep.  Another thing to mention to the doctor.

My husband and support person has been much kinder since our last blow-out.  We had our anniversary.  We made some decision about our future. We have renewed our commitment to each other that includes more dates and counseling- which is taking a back-seat since I was working so hard on arrangements for the baby.  But at least we are on the same page.  I feel he just over-heated and had to get to his re-set button.  He has no idea how much one little phone call from work to simply ask me how I am feeling can mean to me. 

Since those three non-headache days last week my period started and I have plummeted into the black-hole of headaches.  I skipped book-club and have been in my bed every night by 9 with a heating pad and an ice pack.  Not only have I been headachy, I have been exhausted and nauseated.  I called my sister to tell her I would think I was pregnant if I wasn't on my period.  I told my other sister my periods have been getting harder lately because I am starting the journey to meno-pause.  She told me I am nuts because I am only 34.  Whatever-- right now I am having very bad thoughts as to what I would like to do to relieve this pain.  But no thought I would actually act upon.  It sucks.

On Saturday I participate in my third and final tri-athlon of the season.  I am very nervous because of my pain this week.  My sister and I tried to do a run-through on Monday and my energy was so low I couldn't do the third part: the 5K run/walk.  I will ask the good Lord for his strength to make up for my lack of strength.   After the tri I need to come home to go to my husbands company picnic, and then Sat. night we have a Broadcast to the women at church.  I will be busy... and exhausted.  I wonder if I will make it to all three events?

So... I am frustrated and in pain as I write this.  I am nervous about this weekend.  But I will do what I always do... put my shoes on... and face my life head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment