Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Triathlon

I am copying and pasting a portion of this from my personal blog- but I just completed my third sprint triathlon.  I never thought I could do something so physically challenging in my life.  Not just because of my headaches, but because I am just not the kind of person who is into exercise.

Last week was a tough one- Severe headaches and nausea every single day.  Extreme throbbing and pain that I just had to push through because I had commitments I didn't want to miss(I was excited and honored to be asked by my 16 year old nephew to tutor him in french- I felt horrible, but HAD TO SAY YES!  And even though I hurt, it felt good to be with my boy.).  I went for a simple walk on Friday with the baby and I felt winded.  I was in so much pain- I simply wondered how in the world was I going to manage the tri-athlon the very next day.  The pain wouldn't go away.  But I refused to panic and realized if I felt horrible I would deal with it then.  Here is what I came up with:

I have found that even though I may be carrying around extra weight and don't look or feel how I want to, that I am still capable of setting physical goals and achieving them. I have found that despite any physical pain I am in, I am able to focus and relax and enjoy the moment at hand. I have found that although it might not be very pleasant, the reward for endurance is sweet and gratifying. I simply found a strength inside of me that allows me to keep going. The power of prayer is huge, and I am grateful to have it on my side.


I think I can becomes I know I can.

My goal is now a reality.

I feel good about myself and my abilities.

Thanks to my friends and my dear sweet family for supporting me and believing in me too.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring words! It's hard to face challenges and discouragement, but the reward for endurance is indeed sweet. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete