Sunday, August 2, 2015

2 years!

I have been out on my own for two years now!  I moved into this little duplex with my kiddos the end of July 2013.  I have to say the time has flown by--  it has been amazing,challenging, growing, and so many different emotions wrapped up!

First off, my kids are amazing.  They are strong and understanding.  They share both an innocence and wisdom that helps me put things in perspective.  Most of all, they give me hope for the future and keep me going when I would rather take a break and stop for a while.  Their quiet encouragement simply from living with me is amazing.  I want to be a better person for myself, but my kids make me want to be a better person right now.  And I love them for it. 

I personally have overcome so many changes.... I have learned to kill, or trap and take outside, spiders and stink bugs and other insects that in the past made me freeze.  I mowed the lawn here for the first time in my life.  I pay all the bills, I make sure rent is on time, I make sure I somewhat follow the budget I have set up for myself.  My house isn't super orderly, but I get the garbage out weekly and manage to stay on top of chores, trying to teach and get my kids involved as I have the energy to do so.  I work part time, and I have almost finished my degree. I have to say, a lot has happened in the past two years, and I am proud.

So, for those who doubted me... question my parenting ability, said hurtful things about me, here I am.  I have made it this far, and I believe while I have challenges ahead, and am not doing a perfect job, I also believe I am doing pretty good.  I am going to keep doing what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment